mardi 6 octobre 2009

Progressive nation 4 oct 2009

Just a quick post to say a word about the progressive nation I attend (partially anyway) this sunday.
First was the montreal based the Unexpect. a bit metal prog something, I must say I was not thrill with music with lot of break in pace and melody so....

The LA (apparently) based Bigelf was a nice surprise. Inheriting from the 70ies from the beach boyz to black sabbath, the long bearded quatuor did put a nice show with some help with a bluebearded mike portnoy on one of their song.

And then Opeth, with the witty and ever pleasing Åkerfeldt on good vocal shape.
They truly set the zenith aflame with a nice set list.

And in the end of course Dream Theater (which I did not see for I was a bit ill all week end and I prefered to play it safe)

So a pleasent evening placed under the metal prog sign (even bigelf played loud and rythmy stuff).
Hopefully they'll be back next year with more bands .

More info and link here

http://europe.progressivenation2009.com/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire